Author: Press Room

Hundreds of Calgarians are preparing to, once again, have their say on citywide rezoning at a public hearing scheduled at city hall next week. More than 300 people have signed up to speak so far at the hearing, which begins Monday morning, with well over 2,000 written comments already submitted to city council.At issue is whether citywide rezoning should be repealed, after city council voted in favour of a motion to kick-start the process to scrap it back in December.That motion directed city administration to reset the city’s land-use bylaw to what was in place prior to the previous city…

Read More

A similar logic applies to energy. A temporary disruption in the Strait of Hormuz is manageable. But a prolonged closure would raise global prices of everything from food to fertilisers. Ultimately, that would hurt China too, at a time when its economy is under strain.Iran accounts for roughly 13 per cent of China’s seaborne crude imports, but the disruption to its supplies is not nearly as big a problem as it is for other countries, as the China Global South Project notes. Oil tracking data show that millions of barrels of Iranian crude have continued to flow – much of…

Read More

3/19: The Takeout with Major Garrett – CBS News Watch CBS News Israel strikes a key Iranian natural gas field; Pentagon asking for an additional $200 billion for the Iran war, the Washington Post reports.

Read More

Samuel Boivin | Nurphoto | Getty ImagesOpenAI will combine its web browser, ChatGPT app and Codex coding app into a singular desktop super app, CNBC confirmed on Thursday.Fidji Simo, OpenAI’s CEO of Applications, will oversee the change with assistance from OpenAI President Greg Brockman, according to a spokesperson. The new app aims to help OpenAI streamline the user experience and reduce fragmentation. “Companies go through phases of exploration and phases of refocus; both are critical,” Simo said in a post on X on Thursday. “But when new bets start to work, like we’re seeing now with Codex, it’s very important…

Read More

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! British reality TV personality Jordan Wright, who starred on ITV’s “The Only Way Is Essex,” has died. He was 33.A spokesperson for ITV confirmed Wright’s death to Fox News Digital Thursday.”Everyone at TOWIE sends their deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Jordan Wright at this very sad time,” the network said in a statement.’REAL HOUSEWIVES’ STAR’S SON DEAD AT 23Wright was found dead in a drainage canal near Bang Tao Beach in Phuket, Thailand, March 14, according to local reports, per Deadline. British reality star Jordan Wright has died at…

Read More

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! The execution of Iranian wrestling star Saleh Mohammadi left the sports world mourning Thursday.Iran’s regime executed the 19-year-old man on Thursday. Mohammadi was reportedly killed in a public hanging, according to Iranian American human rights activists and dissidents.Iran International reported that Iran’s regime hanged Mohammadi and two additional Iranian men, Mehdi Ghasemiand and Saeed Davoudi, “after being accused of killing two police officers during nationwide protests earlier this year,” the judiciary-linked Mizan news agency reported.Multiple Olympians have shared their reactions to the execution with Fox News Digital. Brandon Slay, Olympic gold medal wrestler…

Read More

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Federal authorities are investigating after a “close call” was reported Tuesday night at Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey involving a commercial jet and cargo aircraft.National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) officials confirmed the “close call” happened when an Alaska Airlines Boeing 737 overflew a FedEx Boeing 777 while both jets were attempting to land on crossing runways.The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said that, at about 8:15 p.m., an air traffic controller instructed Alaska Airlines Flight 294 to perform a “go-around” because FedEx Flight 721 was cleared for the final approach to…

Read More

Prosecutors say there was not enough evidence to secure a conviction against self-proclaimed “Queen of Canada” Romana Didulo, offering new insight into why charges tied to a high-profile Saskatchewan compound raid were halted. The explanation, provided by Saskatchewan’s Ministry of Justice, marks the first time officials have publicly detailed why the case did not move forward.The case stems from an incident in which Didulo had been facing charges of failing to comply with an undertaking and intimidation of a justice system participant following a September 2025 RCMP raid in Richmound, Sask.Police executed a search warrant at a decommissioned school where…

Read More