Author: Press Room

In an exclusive interview with CBS News Saturday, Federal Communications Chair Brendan Carr doubled down on his warning that broadcast licenses could be revoked amid President Trump’s criticisms of media coverage of the war in Iran. “People have gotten used to the idea that, you know, licenses are some sort of property right, and there’s nothing you can do that can result in losing their license,” Carr told CBS News. “I try to sort of help reorient people that, no, there is a public interest, and broadcast is different.”Earlier Saturday, Carr wrote in an X post that “broadcasters that are running…

Read More

The war with Iran has already shaken oil markets, but the latest US strike on Kharg Island reveals something deeper about how this conflict may unfold. The island is not just another military target in the Persian Gulf. It is the point where Iran’s economy connects to the global oil system.Washington hit military installations there on Friday night while leaving the oil terminals untouched. That choice says more about the strategy of the war than any speech from the White House.The small island that carries Iran’s oilKharg Island sits roughly 26 kilometers off Iran’s coast in the Persian Gulf. It…

Read More

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! A U.S. judge in Boston on Friday temporarily blocked President Donald Trump from ordering colleges to collect and turn over detailed data on race and student admissions, delivering a near-term reprieve to 17 Democratic attorneys general who sued to block the policy from taking force. U.S. District Judge F. Dennis Saylor IV, a George W. Bush appointee, issued a temporary restraining order Friday that blocked the administration from immediately ordering the detailed information from colleges and universities across the U.S.Trump announced the new effort last August as part of a broader push from the…

Read More

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! The rivalry between Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese got some new fuels Friday. A clip is making the rounds of Clark ignoring Reese’s gesture for a high-five during a game for the FIBA World Cup qualifiers. As Reese held her hand out for her Team USA teammate, Clark walked in the other direction.The U.S. won the game 91-48 over Puerto Rico. Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese  (Getty Images)There has been suspected tension between Clark and Reese dating back to their meeting in the 2023 NCAA women’s basketball championship game. Reese taunted Clark by pointing…

Read More

Descrease article font size Increase article font size Two people have been charged with first-degree murder in the killing of a 45-year-old Burnaby man whose remains were found earlier this month in Mission, B.C. The RCMP’s integrated homicide investigation team (IHIT) says 48-year-old Mehdi Ahmadzadeh Razavi of Maple Ridge and 45-year-old Arezou Soltani of North Vancouver were arrested Friday in connection with the death of Masood Masjoody.Masjoody was reported missing on Feb. 2 after neighbours raised concerns about his disappearance.Initial investigation by the Burnaby RCMP determined that Masjoody’s disappearance was out of character and involved criminality, prompting IHIT to take…

Read More

new video loaded: U.S. Bombs Iranian Oil Hub0:56The U.S. attack on Kharg Island, Iran’s main oil export hub, came as tensions continued over control of the Strait of Hormuz, a critical waterway for oil transport.By Cynthia SilvaMarch 14, 2026Explosion Hits Near Anti-Israel Rally in Tehran1:25Israel Strikes Central Beirut, Expanding Conflict Zone0:50Oil Prices Briefly Surge as Iran Attacks Continue0:44Preliminary Inquiry Finds U.S. Responsible for Iran School Attack1:22At Least Three Ships Struck Around Strait of Hormuz1:28Iran Holds Day Of Mourning for Deceased Commanders1:16Video ›Today’s VideosU.S.PoliticsImmigrationNY RegionScienceBusinessCultureBooksWellnessWorldAfricaAmericasAsiaSouth AsiaDonald TrumpMiddle East CrisisRussia-Ukraine CrisisVisual InvestigationsOpinion VideoAdvertisementSKIP ADVERTISEMENT

Read More

The Trump administration has proposed the construction of an underground facility to screen visitors to the White House. The National Capital Planning Commission is scheduled to consider plans for the approximately 33,000-square-foot visitor screening facility that would be built entirely on federal land in Sherman Park, which is located southeast of the White House. The NCPC is the commission that approves construction projects on federal land in the Washington, D.C., region. The plans, listed on the agenda for the NCPC’s April 2 meeting, were developed by the Executive Office of the President in conjunction with the U.S. Secret Service, the Interior Department,…

Read More